Sunday, January 08, 2006

Almost done

Has it been a month already?? I do not want to go back. I have been enjoying the Czech republic lately. The first day I just wandered around and at night I went to a jazz show at the Reduta. It's a venue that bill clinton visited back in '94. A band consisting of a trumpet, trombone, tuba, drums, banjo and clarinet played some old jazz. They covered 'It's a wonderful world' and everyone was singing along. good stuff. I went to Plzen the second day and did a tour around the Pilsner Urquell brewery. It was a great tour, much better than the Heineken tour. I ate at a restaraunt at the brewery and had some traditional czech food. Let me tell you, I have grown to love saurkraut, it is awesome with sausage. That night I went out with a brazilian guy named rodriguez and went to a bunch of pubs then hit a disco. Met some girls from Norway, the first people I have ever met from that county. Rodriguez got friendly with a local czech girl, but she told him she was a lesbian and kept asking him how the brazilian girls are. The club we went to was 5 floors, each floor had a different type of music. I lost Rodriguez and went home at 4am. The next day I saw the famous castle up a hill. On the way there I saw a sign at a pub that said Kelt Stout and couldn't believe that there was a czech stout beer, It was the only stout I have had so far that isn't from Ireland on this trip so far. I went in and had a few drinks and continued on my way to the castle. Oh yeah, I stopped by the Franz Kafka museum as well. It was alright, just told you about his life and such. Finally go to the castle. the castle itself was huge, took a few pictures here and there and looked around and left. That night I went to another venue that had a blues band playing. they covered Alber King's Born under a bad sign and a B.B. King song. They were alright, but nothing compared to the guys they covered. Today I didn't get up until 11. I ate at the louvre which likes to remind you that Franz Kafka and Albert Einstien ate there. I then went to a pub that brewed its own beer. Very tasty beer, the place is called U Pleku I believe. Wandered around a bit and now I am here writing this. I plan on seeing another jazz show tonight with some guys from my room. We are supposed to meet in about a half an hour, if they don't show I'll still go see a show somewhere then hit some pubs here and there and call it a day. Tomorrow I am taking off for Munich again. This might be my last post, I'll try posting once more in Munich. If this is the last post, I will not be coming to bakersfield the 11th. I will arrive the 11th, but it will be 11:55pm, and I think the last bus to bakersfield is at 11:30, so I'm going to get a hotel room and grab a bus at another time the next day. I'll call someone in bakersfeild the 12th to pick me up when I arrive at bakersfield. Someone hopefully can pick me up that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home