Monday, December 19, 2005

The way of the Bavarian

hello, lots has happened since last post. Met a bunch of people from all over the world. I went to the Nyphenberg Palace on Friday, it was really windy that day. That night I went to an Irish bar and had two litres of Guinness (four glasses). The next day I went to Friesing to see the Weihenstephan brewery. Lucky me, it was closed(not really), so I wandered around town and took off. I came back to my hostel, brought four bottles (2 litres) of beer. The best way to make friends around here is to offer free beer, as I have found out. Went to a bar two doors down with two Australian women, one American guy, and one German\Irish guy. On sunday I went to an Art Gallery with Susu, an Australian girl and Le, a Korean who shared a room with me. Came back and rested at the Hostel, then went to the bar at the Hostel and talked with Cathrine, the other Australian who went with us to the bar two doors down and found out someone stole her luggage, which was worth over 4,000 australian dollars because she was planning on staying in Europe for 2 years. Today, I went back to Friesing in hopes to find the Wiehenstephan open. It was open, but their tour was not available and their visitor center wasn't either. I did have a few of their beers at a local pub in town, so it wasn't a compelete waste. Got back in Munich and took a walking beer tour around town and saw how Paulaner brewed its beer and had 1.5 litres of beer at Hof Brauhaus. The Hof Brauhaus is famous for being the first meeting place for the Nazi party and was the first brew hall allowed to sell its beer to the public by the king.
Tomorrow I will be going to Andechs brewery which I have been assured will be open. I have been instructed by my brewhall guide what to buy for food and beer and he swears it will last me the day. we will see. next time I write I will be in Amsterdam. Until then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home