Friday, December 23, 2005

Amsterdamed

So, lets see. It took me over 10 hours to get from Munich to Amsterdam when it should have taken 7 hours. I took a wrong train for a little ride. I got in Amsterdam around 9 and took me about an hour to find my hostel. I was to go down the Damrak, take a left on the Damstreet at the Damsquare. Then I was to take a left on some street I can't spell at the moment, but I just couldn't find the damn place. Oh, and it was raining that night too. Anyways, I finallyt did find the place and put everything away and went to 'the smallest pub in town' and proceeded to get drunk off some beer there. The food here is rediculously expensive and not worth it. There is not national dish that I know of here. Tons of shoe stores here, no idea why. I'm trying to find a hat that Alain Delon wore in Le Samourai. The next day I got up around noon. I just walked around pretty much, got used to the tram system. At night I went to a jazz club that had a live jazz band, it was really cool. I then proceeded to a pub that played rock/metal (they only played metal when I was there), no live band, but I had a few good beers and took off to a Blues club. They had a live band playing some blues covers, really cool. The next day (today) I got up at 10am and proceeded to the Heineken Experience. Man, it was a bummer. It was pretty lame. 10 euros and all i got was a .25L glass to show for it. I did enjoy some of the commercials they showed. I then went to the van gogh museum and proceeded to blow my mind with good art work. I also went to a pub that served 250 beers that were only from the Netherlands. I never knew there were so many beers in this country, a lot of them have been very good. Oh yeah, I also stopped by a beer store that only sold bottled beers, bought three beers. They only had two beers that represented USA that I saw there: Sierra Nevada and tons of different varieties from Anchor Steam. Go California! Tonight I am going to the Absinthe bar. Maybe I'll develope Absinthism, at least that's what the American government believes. Oh yeah, and yes, I have been taking advantage of Amsterdams "tolerance". Still no USB ports found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home